Telepsychiatry is the trends going forward of modern society
Telepsychiaty Patient-centred care is the process of providing mental health care from a distance through technology, often using videoconferencing. Can involve providing a range of services including psychiatric or psychological evaluations, therapy (individual therapy, couples or family therapy), patient education and medication management.
Video-based telepsychiatry helps meet patients’ needs for convenient, affordable and readily-accessible mental health services. It can benefit patients in a number of ways, such as:
Psychiatrist: Dr.Paulina Troncoso
Medical degree by the Austral University of Chile. Her training as a Psychiatrist was developed at the Universidad de los Andes Chile and at the University of Toronto, Canada (for 2 years).
- He completed a Master of Psycho-oncology and psychological aspects of Palliative Care.
- She is a member of the Society of Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurosurgery Chile (SONEPSYN). Member of Early Career of International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS).
- Member in Training of World Psychiatry Association section Psycho oncology and Palliative Care. (WPA)
- She has great interest in oncological psychiatry and psychological aspects of patients at the end of life.
- Paulina has worked as a general psychiatrist in Chile, telepsychiatrist for foreigners living in Chile and travelling around the world.
- Fluent in spanish and english
Psychologist: Marcela Collado
Clinical Psychologist (UNIP São Paulo Unified Institute, Brazil)
- Master of Science in Organizational Behavior (Polytechnic University-NYU, New York) Specialized in Systemic Couple Psychotherapy (Chilean Institute of Family Therapy)
- Extensive experience in adult individual and couple’s therapy with foreigners living in Chile and with couples where one of the spouses is Chilean and the other one is foreign, as well as working with Chileans in general.
- Some of the aspects most worked on in therapy are depression and anxiety, loss of identity, difficulties due to cultural and language differences, reconstruction of the couple after infidelity, adaptation of the couple after the arrival of the first or second child, parenting and friendly separation. Another specialty regards eating disorders, mainly obesity, but also anorexia and bulimia.
- Marcela has been living in Chile since 2012, after living 14 years in Brazil and 20 years in the USA.
- Fluent in spanish, english and portuguese